{ dave abby aspen chase}

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

reflecting & feeling overwhemed with gratitude

boxes, pulled cribs,beds, naked walls once filled with a happy family & sitting here trying to decide what to pack next. i couldn't help but reflect on our time here in morgantown as I am looking at our empty home. so here are a few pics. here is dave & I in front of the nauvoo temple on our drive out here. I served as a part time service missionary for the church of jesus christ of latterday saints in the temple design department & was honored & blessed to help with the reconstruction & installation of the nauvoo temple with my mom. it was so awesome to be able to go back there with my husband & being 8 months pregnant with our first child & show he & my cute in-laws what I had done to help.



us in front of emma smith's house. { don't worry dave's sipping back some root beer}

carthridge jail

& then the arrival  to our humble abode.     the "trailer".

here are some pics before we painted it!!!! this print was all over, thanks again lynn & ruthann for your help.

love the cabinets & walls painted........... looks & feels so much better!!!


remember that picture of the bathroom above..............yea

our cute trailer.  #8 crescent heights, morgantown wv.  our very first home.

dave's first day of dental school

feeling cool

9 months prego with  our sweet aspen

dave's professional assembly

the dental class of 2011

the "mormon's" of the class.  ;)


such amazing friends who threw us this wonderful baby shower & gave us the $10 pottery barn crib from gab's that I was on my way  to pick up until they called me & told me it had already sold. those sneaky stinkers!!!!!

they also made us this beautiful quilt!!!  ahhh........ you guys are so awesome.

some of our peeps.

most of our friends in these pics were in the year ahead of us & have moved. i have been so grateful for the wonderful friends we have made out here. they have truly inspired me & have taught me so much.  thank you.  {to be continued...}

5 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhhh this is great! this is an amazing trilogy- with a great story before her- what a great work of art-you are! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun to see your story like this. thanks for sharing! I want to go back to nauvoo too!...and I love gabes! Good luck with everything. I'm sad you are leaving just when I got here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the memories! I can't believe how quickly it flew by. We sure miss those times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing is for sure...time flies by!

    If there is one things I have learned is to not wish away time...it goes by too quickly!! I can't believe you and your cute family are leaving in just a few weeks! You will be missed cute Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo, you hadn't spent 4 years pining away for that flowered wall paper! Seriously, I'd forgotten how grandma your trailer was when we first arrived. I only think of it as the "parade of homes" trailer in Morgantown. Exhaustion must dull the memory! My memories are of the good times visiting you, you are such a good hostess. xoxo

    ReplyDelete